UCI Campus Recreation is making sailing on the Newport Harbor more accessible to everyone! There are now two ways to enjoy our fleet of boats on the water. All boat usage/rentals are first come, first serve drop-in use.
FLEET OF BOATS
6 J22's, 12 RS Quest 14’ dinghies, 6 Lido 14's & 20 Sabots
3 STEPS TO SAIL:
- LEARN. Build your sailing skills through classes at Marina Park or qualify with equivalent experience/skills gained outside our program.
- GET RATED. Contact UCI Sailing to schedule a rating (949-270-8160), then Register and pay for the required rating class by boat type. A three hour session includes orientation, review & sail/written test for $65. Additional ratings are available for all boats and racing, spinnaker and ocean. Ratings may take up to 7 business days to process.
- BUY AN ANNUAL SAILING PASS OR DROP-IN BOAT RENTALS. Submit sailing form and either purchase pass (free drop-in sailing for the year) or pay a per use rental fee. Details are provided in Rating Class/Test Session.
3 STEPS TO SAILING:
SAILING PASS PRICING:
Adult Annual Pass - $600
Student Pass (full-time, 18+). Annual
- $300, Quarterly - $100
(no additional usage fees for unlimited boat use, except racing)
BOAT RENTAL PRICING:
J22: $20/hour | RS Quest, Lido & Sabot: $15/hour
*2 hour minimum for J22 and 1 hour minimum for dinghy rentals.
No additional charge for crew.
Separate pricing for racing for those with a racing rating
These rates are pay per use, no pass requred
- GO to Marina Park Sailing Office and check-in with a staff member and verify boat availability for drop-in that day. Please refer to current sailing class schedule, boats will be limited during class hours.
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 6pm
Saturday & Sunday 9:00am - 6:00pm
|Winter Break Hours:
CLOSED Mon 12/24 - Fri 12/28
Sat, 12/29 - Sun 12/30: 9am - 6pm
CLOSED Mon 12/31 & Tu 1/1
- RENT or CHECK OUT boat with Marina Park Sailing staff member. Sailing Pass members will check out a boat and rated participants will pay to rent boat.
Rentals will not be available when the wind is above 15 mph.
- ENJOY the benefits of boat ownership at a low cost and no maintenance!
Sailing Passes are available and Boat Rentals* open
Get your rating today and sail with UCI!
*all participants need to have a rating with UCI Sailing to rent boats